Monday, September 12, 2011

Memento Mori:

I decided to organize my iTunes library today.

Two hours later, I've gotten very little done but stumbled across songs I forgot I had. Mostly just forgotten that I love.

A few of them:

Thrice, "The Music Box"  Vheissu
Jimmy Eat World, "Get It Faster" Bleed American
The Format, "Dog Problems" not the album version
mewithoutYou, A to B Life--the whole dang album
Say Anything, "Alive With the Glory of Love"

Action Action, "Eighth Grade Summer Romance" Don't Cut Your Fabric to this Year's Fashion
Amy Winehouse, "Me and Mr. Jones" Back to Black

Journey, "Faithfully"
Florence + The Machine, "Dog Days Are Over" Lungs
ACDC, "Hells Bells" Back in Black
Death Cab For Cutie, "A Lack of Color" Transatlanticism
Walls. No context necessary.

Reverend Horton Heat, "Baddest of the Bad"
Reuben's Accomplice, "In and Out of Key" The Bull, the Balloon, the Family
The Fall of Troy, "F.C.P.R.E.M.I.X" !!!!!

Guns N Roses, "My Michelle" Appetite for Destruction
Head Automatica, "Beating Heart Baby" Decadence
Jack Johnson, "Breakdown" In Between Dreams
Kenny Chesney, "On the Coast of Somewhere Beautiful" No Shirt, No Shoes, No Problems
The Killers, "All These Things That I've Done" Hot Fuss
Led Zeppelin, "Hey What Can I Do?" B-Side of the Immigrant Song
Lovedrug, "In Red" Blackout
The Misfits, "Hybrid Moments"
John Mayer, "Not Myself"

Rilo Kiley, "More Adventurous"
The Snake, The Cross, The Crown, "On the Threshold of Eternity"
Vendetta Red, "Seconds Away" 

Modest Mouse, "Bukowski" Good News for People Who Love Bad News
MXPX, "Want Ad" Let It Happen
Pink Floyd, "Wish You Were Here"
Whatever "Track 06" on my Portishead album is
RHCP, "Slow Cheetah" Stadium Arcadium
Reverend Horton Heat, "Baddest of the Bad"
Reuben's Accomplice, "In and Out of Key" The Bull, the Balloon, the Family

No comments: