Saturday, June 9, 2012

Oh, hey!

I slept for maybe three hours Thursday night, so Friday was a bit of a nightmare. My 12 week ultrasound was scheduled for 145 in the afternoon after my early and longest shift of the week, and I was pretty darn close to calling and re-scheduling for another day....but I suppose that kind of ruins the idea of it being a "12 week" ultrasound. Also, I wanted to see the kiddo.

Between the heat and the exhaustion and how not cute my feet are when they're swollen and obviously the pregnancy hormones, I was practically in tears sitting in the doctors office waiting my turn. I know, its silly. Poor Thad. He just rubbed my hand and kept giving me water.

It was miraculous how seeing baby move turned everything around. I didn't think we'd get to see the baby moving for awhile, and I certainly can't feel it, but the second his little outline popped up on the screen and we saw him bouncing around (or as the ultrasound tech put it, "having a good ole time") I totally became a different person than I'd been for the previous 10 hours in the day. Thad, for his part, was giggling (don't tell him I told you).  I'm sure none of this is news for lots and lots of people, but for us it was mind-blowing.

And my personal favorite moment was when the tech was checking out his brain from a sort-of aerial view, and all the sudden we got a high five:


I know, I'm practically one of those moms who cries when their baby sneezes or something but it was only three weeks ago that our baby's hands and arms were best described as "buds". We even got to see a round belly and some legs!:


So, basically, I'm in love.