Monday, June 11, 2012

Provides.

I haven't mentioned it yet, because the last time we went through this process it was such a horrific nightmare and we didn't end up with the house we signed for.....but as the close of escrow is only a month away, have I mentioned that Thad bought the peanut and I this bad boy?


P R E T T Y stoked. The floor plan is just, you know, my dream floor plan. It's so unique inside, I've never been in a house like it. And, I got my loft--something that I gave up as a requirement when the whole mess of looking for a house started.

I can hardly call it a mess, because the way that we got into this house has been absolutely nothing short of a miracle, from day one through today. We started looking almost as soon as we found out I was pregnant because it was make it happen soon, or wait until halfway through next year. And as we all know blah blah blah the price of houses is only going up and up and up. The average price of homes we were looking for this year was in the 130's, whereas a year ago when we were looking we were in the 110's. The second difficulty present this year that wasn't last year, was that demand was higher and supply lower, so houses on the market today get many, many offers before deals are closed, and our down payment amount was never going to be special.

All that being said, the first three weeks we were looking for houses, the second we expressed just INTEREST in one, it was sold. A house would go on the market, we'd tell our guy we wanna see it, he'd come back to us the next day after looking in to it either saying "It has 10 offers on it already with more cash up front than you do" or "It sold." This happened about 15 times before we decided we had to let go of some of our wish list. We raised the "year built", we opened the search area, etc. And then nothing after nothing happened, until I saw this baby on my phone during break at work one Saturday and immediately called Thad who immediately called our agent who immediately looked in to it. We went and did a walk-thru 4 hours later.

The second I walked through the door I was in love. The hideous linoleum floors in the kitchen didn't even phase me. The vaulted ceilings and the white banister on the staircase and the open loft and the island in the kitchen and the three full bathrooms phased me though. I just had this "I'm at home" feeling the whole time we were there. Our agent picked up on it, because he told me that we would put offers down on multiple houses. This wouldn't be the first house we'd want, and no tears allowed. I knew he was right but told him I'd cry anyway.

So over the weekend we worked up a contract and signed a million papers and we had an offer on the bank's desk Monday morning. Thad came home Tuesday afternoon when he should've been at work and he knelt down next to me with a grave face and told me not to cry (so I started to cry) and that he'd talked to our agent and THEY ACCEPTED OUR OFFER!! And I just about punched him, except I was too happy.

Our agent hasn't had a deal work out like this one has in this market, ever. According to him. He was just as astonished as we were. Then, when we asked the bank to pay a certain amount of our closing cost they said yes, and can we pay even more than the amount you asked for?
()*(&&*%^%$%^$^&**(()*#())(@()@&*@*!*!!!!!!!
Amazing.

And then, when all this stuff with loans happened that I think you have to go to school for to understand, and all the sudden we had to front even more money than had been planned on, I collapsed. And prayed and prayed a lot. I couldn't see a way to come up with the suddenly needed money, and then the bank agreed to roll another (and much, much larger) amount into the closing costs, and then my parents stepped in with help as well--help that all of this could not be possible without.

The amazing provision that has landed us with this house--because let's face it, we didn't make this deal happen, the Lord did--has been staggering. Every single door that we needed to get through has been opened for us, we didn't do it ourselves. From seeing the house the day it went on the market, to the bank not waiting for a better offer, to offering us more and more money to make it happen, to my parents selfless giving....I have found myself on my knees more than once. I just cannot believe that we are being blessed with this home, and in the way the Lord has done. It silences me, it humbles me.

I am reminded of Matthew 7:11: "If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!"

We wanted to get a house for our little peanut, but it was not us who provided the way--it was the Lord. We are so thankful for the people who helped make this happen--our agent, Sean Hahn (if you need a real estate agent just go on ahead and ask me for his number), some awesome lady named Tiffany at the bank, and peanut's grandparents (you can't borrow them though).

So, who wants to help us move on July 14th?


2 comments:

Susan Yenser said...

SUUUUUUUUUUUM! I cannot even wait to wake up early in your house and drink coffee with you! Lots of memories to be made there...and I can't wait to start July 20th! LOVE YOU and so excited for you guys! Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee happy squeeeeeeeal!

Summer Pinch said...

Sue.

I was laying in bed last night thinking about where you guys would sleep. Because obvi we have all the room in the world but I though to myself, I've never had a sleepover with Sue where we slept in different rooms....now we're both married....can we just kick em to the couch for a few nights?

oh and I will make coffee for you all morning but it hurts my tummy so badly! :( I don't even really wanna talk about it....