Friday, November 30, 2012

What a comfort.

    I met with a local doula today that was recommended to me by my midwife. Obviously without the husband around, going with a doula is a no-brainer. If you don't know what doulas are, hop on to her blog--here--and be ready to fall in love.

   After sharing with her the past 37 weeks of my pregnancy, she was willing to go ahead and sign a deal with me even though I don't have the funds up front--and give me a discount on her normal fee. As it turns out, her husband is a local pastor and she's a sister in the Lord. Just speaking with her today eased so much of my birth-related anxiety, it was truly a blessing. And I'm so excited she's going to be a serious support system as I finish up this pregnancy, and even for a few weeks afterwards (home visits??? Yes, please!).

  Now I just have to beg, borrow, and steal to pay her for her services.  Should the Lord move you, that obnoxious paypal button is still living on the sidebar of this page.

   Feel free to come on out now little one!!


No comments: