Sunday, May 5, 2013

27.

   For the past TWO weekends I have gotten to pick Thad up at 1pm on Saturday and keep him until 4pm on Sunday. It. Has. Been. WONDERFUL. It's always insanely busy, and we live on NLB time, but that's okay. Both weekends it has POURED so although I planned on picnics and walks in parks, we've been inside snuggling and listening to the rain. Last weekend some of my favorite people in Georgia let us have their house all to ourselves while they were on vacation. We did boring, mundane family things like go to the grocery store and rent a movie at Red Box and cook dinner together and let me tell you, there was very little boring or mundane about it. It was way too precious to have all three of us together. And really, really nice not to be the only one on dirty diaper duty....and Dad definitely doesn't mind it.


This weekend we ran errands, snuggled some more, drank coffee, played with our toes, and had dinner with another family whose guy was on a 24. Thad's bff Dan may or may not be Clementine's new favorite person (he is also a baby whisperer). 

 We also went to Cracker Barrel after church with the Hampton's (and obviously got a haircut)
 Snuggled lots with Dad
 ....and got really upset when he tried to put us down.
 As usual, Clementine is always a princess for her babysitters (Aunt Stacey and Kelly).

Now we're drowning our sorrows that we won't see Dad again for a week by watching Aristocats. We're also getting really excited that Nani is coming out to visit this week.

I've been back at work now for two weeks and it. is. exhausting. I had forgotten how tired I am since I haven't had a night's sleep since December. And even though I usually only work 6 hour shifts, by the time I'm done, I'm so done with life it's unreal. I'm not ready to give up breastfeeding yet so the pumping and planning for that adds a little extra stress on top but it's remained somewhat manageable.

Clementine started rolling over like a champ this week! Girlfriend's chunky thighs are hiding some serious muscle, and she can push herself up on them....but her tiny little arms aren't quite ready to hold her weight so, for the moment, she's still not mobile. And boy am I thankful for that!!

Thad has about two weeks in the program left. His 10 month mark will be May 20th and we couldn't be more excited to move on with whatever the next phase in life is. The time we've gotten the past month and a half has been invaluable to us but we are so ready to move on.

1 comment:

Deb Martin said...

So happy for you and your sweet family! Clem is your little twin!!