Monday, May 13, 2013

Mother's Day

Thad got another 24 hour this past weekend. Usually the guys in the program get two 4 hour breaks and two 24. So last Monday they called me to confirm a 4 hour and I was kinda bummed. My mom was gonna be in town and it was my first Mother's Day and I wanted to get to spend it with Thad but really, I'm just thankful for any time that we get together. So on Friday when I was at work and the program director called me to say they were giving Thad another 24 so we could enjoy Mother's Day together, I cried. I also cried when he told me that this would be Thad's final week in the program. I have waited 10 months for that call!

So, we had a great weekend, got to hang out with my mom, and did our usual favorite things--which is just a bunch of this:





5 comments:

AprilP said...

Tears.....of joy, of course, for you guys!! Just so dadgum (a sweet southern term for the alternative ;)) happy for y'all!!! :) :) :) Love you, Summer!!

rosemarie said...

Color me happy for you!

rosemarie said...

Color me happy for you!

katybola said...

Look at that big smile on Clementine's face! She will likely never remember a time when you three were not together. What a blessing!

Deb Martin said...

How wonderful! Enjoy the rest of your lives together, sister!