Thursday, November 7, 2013

Day 3 & 4

The ONLY thing I want to do right now is lie flat on my back starfish style and pass out but if I don't write this now, I never will.

DAY FOUR IS NO GOOD.

But since I forgot about day 3, the run down is that I had cheese. Which is not explicitly a no-no but it's also not explicitly allowed. But hey, it's not sugar.

For dinner I made chicken smothered in Tessemae's wing sauce with onion and pepper and YUM. Thad has his like a sloppy joe but I threw mine in some quinoa and black bean and yes....I have a new favorite meal. If it were acceptable to eat the same thing for dinner every day, this would be it. It was THAT good.

Today was the worst so far. My mood was up and down, I'm tired, and several times I reached for something bread-y and sugar-y on complete autopilot. Since things are just a tad bit (and by that I mean a-lot-a-bit) crazy and stressful around here right now, I can honestly say I have no clue how much of my moodiness and exhaustion is due to the detox.

The bad news and good news from today:

BAD--I ate all the banola. And I want about 12 servings more RIGHT NOW but the food processor is loud and its 1230 in the morning. Boo.
GOOD--I made my own kale chips. They were not exactly crisp but somehow they were SO DELICIOUS. I shared some with my girls at work and they liked it, too, which is somewhat validating since they don't HAVE to like things like kale chips at this point in their lives.

Also, I worked today and for the first time in 7 years I did not consume sugar during my shift. If it wasn't for the fact that I was scarfing down kale, carrots, and banola, I probably wouldn't be able to say that.

I have no idea where this resolve is coming from as I have never stuck to any kind of food restrictions for four days in a row in my life and given the amount of stress I am currently under and the fact that sugar is my security blanket it seems even more miraculous!

No comments: