Sunday, November 10, 2013

Sugar Detox Days 5, 6, & 7.

Without a doubt, day 5 was THE WORST. I was on auto-pilot all day, and found myself reaching for sugar/bread without even thinking. Thankfully I have yet slipped up and cheated. Having the "banola" on hand has been so helpful, especially when I'm missing bread.

Yesterday and today have been awesome. I feel so much more clear-headed and energetic. My energy levels are waaaaay up.

My go-to meal has been quinoa, black bean, and avocado with a little bit of Tessemae's Wing Sauce. I seriously could eat this all day every day and I'm super grateful to have found Tessemae because they make sauces and marinades that aren't full of allergens and words I can't pronounce.

Spaghetti squash with this awesome home-made sauce has also been something I can make huge batches of and have for lunch the next day.



This week I will be working on perfecting the kale chips and finding other things I can make that Thad will want to eat, too.

I've got to admit, writing about this on the blog has been super helpful. When the wonderful Nicole Boucher brought pumpkin fudge to work the other night to share with us I just about screamed FORGET IT and slammed my face in the bowl and ate whatever I could get my jaws on but having some accountability has been SUPER HELPFUL. I am really looking forward to creating a healthy habit and chaging how I view food.

YEP. It's going super great. :)

No comments: